Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Hi doc, About 10 weeks ago I was scrubbing my face, a piece

Customer Question

Hi doc,
About 10 weeks ago I was scrubbing my face, a piece of skin on my nose flaked off a little and as a pulled it is peeled off a thin strip of skin. it did not bleed at all. the next day the strip was red and eventually turned brown over the next few days as it scabbed, the scab eventually came off and the mark was pink. now almost 3 months later the mark is still there. Sometimes dark brown, or if I rub it red. the skin looks the same as that around it except for the colour. I just want to know is this a scar that will be in the middle of my face for the rest of my life or is there still hope it could disappear?
thank you for your time.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
. This is Dr. David

this type of scar could very well fade over time

it was from de-epithelializing the skin when you pealed off dead skin

you can use creams like Mederma cream on the area which could help the scar tissue and dark area get better.

good luck

let me know if you have other questions.