Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Chhlamydia, simplex type1 and STI

Customer Question

On a urinary and blood test done on the 18th july 2014, chlamydia PCR is positive and also the result was positive for Herpes simplex type 1. What should i do now if i am currently in a remote desert location for work with no specialized sexual health clinics, however any medications could be made available through pharmacies. Please advise on the medicines i need to take if any. Also note that i was treated 2-3 weeks ago for genital warts by liquid nitrogen where i had the above mentioned tests undertaken.

Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. You have currently two problems and I will address both separately. Chlamydia is treated with antibiotic called azithromycin. Its brand name is***** can be taken as a single dose of 1gm. The other option is doxycycline. Its dosage is 100 mg twice a day orally for one week. One can follow any regimen. However 1gm Zithromax has a benefit of single dose only. For herpes simplex 1, the treatment right now depend on your symptoms. If you have any lesion on the corner of mouth, the treatment required is Acyclovir tablets, 400mg three times a day for 7 days. If you don't have any symptom, you shouldn't take any treatment and should see your doctor later on when you go back to your home. There is no cure for herpes but fortunately you have least dangerous type of herpes and you don't need to be stressed about that. As far as chlamydia is concerned, you will be perfectly fine after you get antibiotics. Lastly I would like to tell you that you should take any medical treatment after consulting doctor in person but since you are in awkward situation right now, I have provided you with details that how you can effectively get treated for the above problem. I reassure you again that you don't need to worry as you are going to be al right soon and I wish you good luck for that. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.