Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

Hi doctor hoping you maybe able to help me obviously and more

Customer Question

Hi doctor hoping you maybe able to help me obviously and more than anything put my mind at ease.
Basically i went on holiday slept with a girl she was from england like myself was like 6/7 weeks ago now so i will try to remember in detail from then till now so you can give me an accurate enough answer.
Right so i slept with her oral also, then a day or so later cant exactly remember i just fort my penis looked fairly red i go abit conscience about it checking it washing it got very nervous and anxious. So think it was on second or third day after went to clinic abroad told them this i had read online about stds they took a test came back negative for gon and chlam but they have me treatment for them anyway as precaution. Also they gave me an oral fungal tablet and sum jock itch cream, and sum nystatin mouth since as also at this time i had a sore throat with what i thought was white spots on my throat i obviously put all this together and thought it was related and my mind thought std.
So i flew home next day went doctor he prescribed me penicillin for my throat said it looked like normal sore throat. Had a weeks course of this 4 tablets a day. I drank loads of water when i get home i felt rather rough to be fair i put this down to the holiday but then i read up stds can do that got anxious again. Anyway i kept checking and i feel my glans and corona went red went clinic had all tests 4 days after finishing penicillin. All came back negative but i still feel im slightly red on bottom half of penis also i feel im weeing a lot and feeling need to wee and that links to ngu right? But would that not have shown up on test?
Left it 2 weeks did a chlam gon mycoplasma and ureaplasma and trich all came back negative. Did a swob on my glans last week that came back all negative.
The beats way to describe my glans are the tip and top looks id said normal pink then half way down it all of a sudden gets redder where foreakin lays. When i have an erection its very noticeable. Seems like it has lines red pin size red marks and in general it looks more noticeably redder( i can attach photos for you)
I think it is up to date 7 weeks later. So my questions are...
1) i had the treatment for gon and chlam does that rule out ngu?
2)could going for a test 4 days after penicillin have affected anything?
3) would yeast/thrush have shown up on swob of glans
4) i havent used anything on it since i finish jock itch cream which was 4 weeks ago (infact i used Aquaeous cream for week nothing really changed i dont see) so surely it couldn't be irritation?
5)could it be the fact was rough long and vigorous but surely the redness would of gone by now
So anyway if you can make head not tail of this i would appreciate the chat. And like i say can attach for you to see
Thanks for your time
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--I just got your question and we can continue after this if you'd like.

1) Yes the tests and the treatment rule ou ngu

2) No

3) Usually yes but not always

4) No, not irritation

5) It might have been from the rough and vigorous part

Bottom line here--you really have nothing to worry about