DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi there, I had unprotected with my girlfriend of 4

Customer Question

Hi there,
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend of 4 months on Saturday. It hurt me a little at first but that's not unusual, however the next day the area under my glans was rather sore and as time has progressed there are what appears to yellow sores (not unlike scabs) under the area.
I am rather worried however that this could be herpes.
Any thoughts?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
It might be, particularly if they form blisters that break open.
I would suggest an exam.
You can attach a picture here.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It started to hurt a matter of hours after sex so I just assumed it was a friction burn of some description.

There are literally no other symptoms, they were never blisters that burst, never any fluid or anything like that, never cracked open.

I've attached a picture, anything white in the picture is just remains of a cream I applied last night.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
This could be from trauma, but I would now have a swab test, to make sure.