Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have recently developed a wart-like bump on my forehead which

Customer Question

I have recently developed a wart-like bump on my forehead which I had checked by a nurse at my local surgery. Her diagnosis was that it was non threatening and may be suitable for removal by cryo. Unfortunately the Dr. in charge of this area cannot see me before the end of September. I would be quite prepared to pay for it's removal if it proves a suitable solution. Have you any suggestions who in Cornwall I should contact ?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Daniel Sheibley, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. You should see Dr. Tom Lucke at Duchy Hospital. While this is probably amenable to freezing off, this is a specialist who is trained and capable of Mohs' surgery which is as minimially invasive a treatment for skin cancers in case he is concerned about it beingn cancerous by any means. You can conact him at 01872226101.
Did I answer your question?
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 2 years ago.
You are not going to get in before September in the UK if you are going to remain in the NHS.
In fact, this is not a problematic delay, and is an early appointment compared to starting over.

What type of specialist are you seeing?

I would stick with the current appointment. There is no problem in waiting that short of time on a basal cell, even if that is what this is.

A wart like bump would typically be, a wart, a basal cell, a benign lesion.

We can not see it...if you attach a picture I can give you further direction.

OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.