dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have developed, over the past 3 years blemishes which only

I have developed, over the past 3 years blemishes which only appear in the hollow of my cheeks. They are very small round lumps which do not 'come up to a head' and last for months . I have had a £2000 course of laser treatments, I have been taking antibiotics for 2 months, use a blue light treatment fo 30 mins a day, clean my face with salicytic acid pads every night and apply benzoyle peroxide cream twice daily. Nothing is making any difference to the condition of my skin. I am in despair.
Do you have any help for me please?
Suzanne
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 3 years ago.
dermdoc19 :

These answers are for informational purposes and do not replace a physician head-to-head visit. A patient-physician relationship is not established.

dermdoc19 :

Would it be possible to forward a photograph?

dermdoc19 :

Also, do you develop these sort of blemishes anywhere else on the body such as the back, scalp, arm pits, groin etc.? Whne you say blue light, is this an LED blue light or an IPL blue light?

dermdoc19 :

dermdoc19 :

I may be leaving the page soon, but will be very happy to help you when I return.

Customer:

Nowhere at all. Only in the hollows of my cheeks. The rest of the skin on my face is flawless. I am using a Lustre Pro blue light device.

dermdoc19 : Sorry I just finished a dental appointment. No fun. My suggestion would be Ro-Accutane or if you are afraid of that drug, then Photodynamic therapy. The latter is a blue light preceded by Levulan, which is 8 Levulinic acid.
dermdoc19 : Do realize that if you go on a couse of Accutane you should not undergo laser treatments for at least a year.
dermdoc19 : High intensity photodynamic therapy is nearly as effective as Accutane. Your dermatologist should check out the work of Rox Anderson
Customer:

I am trying to rate you as requested, but the faces do not respond when clicked on.

Customer:

Thank you for your help