Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

Hey, i have dark spots on the head of my penis, and i am really

Customer Question

Hey, i have dark spots on the head of my penis, and i am really worried about it, it affects my everyday life since i cant stop thinking about it, took me a year to ask it before i always tried to ignore it, but i finally did it so if i could get an answer that whats that, and how i get rid of it, i would really appreciate it.
i had a foreskin surgery about 3 years ago, couldnt see my head of the penis before (talking about the mushroom not sure of its exact name), so i have no idea how it looked like before.
If i remember correctly these spots started to appear 1.5 years ago, they are getting more brown, and i get more little spots.
I am not sure about the pain side, sometimes i feel like i can feel it, but it might be a placebo since i cant stop thinking about 24/7.
I am 21 Years old.
Sorry about the picture quality.
http://i.imgur.com/5iOeKZi.jpg
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

keep looking thanks

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sorry for the long delay but no dermatologists picked up your question and it just now became available to me. These are called Fordyce spots and they aren't dangerous--not an STD or cancer. You can try applying a retinol containing cream to the area twice a day but if that doesn't help you'd need prescription tretinoin cream from a doctor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hey i just googled fordyce spots and all of the pictures are from bumpy things, mine is just a different color, but doesnt stand out not even by a mm, is it still fordyce ?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
They can also be flat and dark and the treatment is the same. Give the retinol cream a try.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

http://imgur.com/hDo8Zk1

posted a better quality picture, is it still fordyce ? i am really sorry i try not to annoy you just want to make sure. if its still then i wont ask anymore.

Thanks, ***** *****

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No problem whatsoever. This is one variant of Fordyce spots, nothing more. Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

also one more since we are sure of it, am i supposed to feel it ? its not a sharp pain but i think i am pretty sure i have some kind of a pain there on the left side on the penis head where the spots are located. its not a big pain or anything i can just feel it like its burning or i dont know, sorry really have no idea how to explain it

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sometimes these can have an uncomfortable feeling to them since they are somewhat like eczema but that doesn't mean anything serious
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience: Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
others said that retinol will peel my skin off, and well i really dont want that on my penis head
is it safe to use ?
please someone else confirm this
i checked a lots of websites and some even said that i might damage my penis so hard that it wont be 100%ly functional again.
I've been working hard to find another Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

please keep looking

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so can u get me someone else to confirm if it is safe ?

Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 2 years ago.
This is a different expert
You have already rated on this tread...you can find me by request [for Dr. Thomas only] in medical, or you can rate again on this tread if you like, let me know what you want to do.
I am a double board certified clinician with over 20 years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i can just rate here if possible or i dont know just please tell me if retinol is safe to put on my penishead as the prev expert said or not

There is no need for it.
Fordyce spots to not need to be treated, and retinol is not going to get rid of them completely. Tretinoin is the retinol cream that can help some, and yes it is safe to use.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.