DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have a lower lip swelling as well as itching (whole body

Customer Question

I have a lower lip swelling as well as itching (whole body)
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Do you still have these symptoms? If yes please provide some details that since how long you have these symptoms? Did you develop them after taking a medicine? Any diagnosed medical problem or medications you are on? Regards
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.

I am Doctor Thomas, a double board certified doctor in internal medicine and integrative medicine, with advanced training in several other fields. I am a clinician of over 20 years experience. I will give you an initial answer or ask you a question, but be sure to use reply to expert to communicate with me as needed.

Itching without a rash can indicate systemic medical problems.

Iron deficiency

Allergy

Heavy metal toxicity

Parasites

Liver or kidney problems.

Hidden infection or maglignancy.

Gallbladder problems. Polycythemia vera.

With the lip swelling, I dent to think allergy, but you have no rash, so, this is an equivocal , yet educated guess. You need to see your doctor for exam, and all routine labs, as well as sed rate. Claritin is a long acting antihistamine that your doctor might suggest, depending on what the findings are.

If the swelling increases, or other symptoms develop, I would suggest that you should be at A&E.

OK, so that is an initial answer…. Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.