Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

For the last 3 weeks I have an itch and redness around my groin,

For the last 3 weeks I have an itch and redness around my groin, bladder,inner thights, testicals and penis. I,ve been to the doctors twice, one doctor described it as Male thrush. I have been prescripted 2 types of cream and I,m more than half way through some antibiotics. The itching is just as bad and now the bottom of my stomach is itching and a rash has started. I haven't changed any shower gels or washing power and its not a sexual thing.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sorry for the delay but your question just became available to me. Any chance of posting a photo on this page?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. Just one question--did any of the creams help this at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The daktacourt eased it, but the 30gramm tube didn't last too long. I have seen my doctor since, who has given me 3 x 30g of Daktarin cream and I am now taking Itraconazole 100mg tablets.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. This definitely looks like tinea corporis--a fungal/yeast infection. Sometimes these organism are very resistant to antifungal creams and an oral medication like the itraconazole is needed. If you hadn't just told me that your were prescribed that, that would have been my recommendation--either that or fluconazole orally. Hopefully you're now on the right track with the pills and this should finally clear in about a week.
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience: Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can you tell me what causes tinea corporis, please

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well, most often there isn't any specific cause. We do see it more often in diabetics.