dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have been having red blotchy dry face after every product

Customer Question

I have been having red blotchy dry face after every product I use and it is making me really depressed because it takes about an hour to calm down again. I have been attending a dermatologist clinic and having red light therapy twice a week as well as being given priori skincare products to use. however, these priori products are still making my face red after using them however the consultant I see says it will take a while to break up the barrier of my skin because it is damaged and to continue using the products. I am stuck because I don't want to deal with this on my own but I am scared that the products they are giving me could be causing more harm than good! I have only been going there for about 2 weeks and only had 3 red light therapy treatments. Will the red light therapy treatments help with the flushing I get from using products? I am so confused of what to do. I don't have money to buy every product to see if it hurts me or not
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi. Can I ask why you need the products in the first place? In other words what kind of damage to your skin is the consultant talking about?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

please can I have a refund as I asked this question yesterday morning and it took too long for a reply and I have already spoken to a dermatologist about this now. thank you