Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.
25541092

Hi, my husband has a small light red patch on his lower leg

Customer Question

Hi, my husband has a small light red patch on his lower leg for sometime. about 4-6 weeks ago i saw its got redder and today i noticed it's spreaded 70% bigger in area and develope further marks on his foot. He said it is not itch and did not want to see a doctor. I want to check for him that this isn't something lethal and what can be done to improve this as it doesn look attractive. For eg any cream from pharmacy counter that will help? I attached photos. He is male, healthy, 58 years old, average weight of average height (5. 11)

Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Ken replied 2 years ago.
I am Dr Ken and I will be helping you today.
Does he have any associated symptoms like swelling/ fever? Does he have any diagnosed medical condition?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, No other symptoms?

Expert:  Ken replied 2 years ago.
I saw the the images.
We need to consider few causes - Infection {viral or bacterial}/ allergic/ abnormal blood flow to the vein leading to infection or inflammation at the subcutaneous skin {can be due to atherosclerosis/ varicose veins or deep vein thrombosis}. I would also like to rule out diabetes.
He needs to see his doctor for sure. Till than Motrin {Ibuprofen} and Benadryl should give relief. Avoid pricking the area. Keep it dry.
Best