Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

Whenever I have a temperature, be that with a virus or even

Whenever I have a temperature, be that with a virus or even hay fever, I get a rash. Predominantly on my upper back and face. Slightly itchy. Worst at night.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sorry for the delay but your question just became available to me. How high does your fever have to be for this to happen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My temperature only has to rise a couple of degrees for me to react.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
And in general what's the cause of the fever and how long does that part last?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I get a virus, infection, etc and I develop a temperature, I then get a rash on my face (predominantly cheeks) and upper back. The rash on my back looks like a measles type rash, the one on my face is flat red blotches the size of small peas. I also develop the facial rash when I am suffering from seasonal hay fever - to tree pollens from March to June. It comes out when I get hot worst.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Really, I can get this rash reaction whenever my body temperature rises above a certain level. I can be in a very hot environment and that can set it off too.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK We can continue after this if you'd like but a viral exanthema--a rash with a viral infection like the flu--is one possibility here. That said, there is the typical heat rash that does occur in some people when the outside temperature is high and that's a kind of allergic reaction. Finally I would screen you for an autoimmune problem like lupus since flare ups of that can cause both a fever and a rash. If it's just the viral exanthem or the allergy to heat problem, unfortunately except for antihistamines there isn't any other treatment for that or a way to prevent it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks. What would I need to do to get screened?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
That would take an antinuclear antibody titer, a rheumatoid factor titer, a sed rate, and a C reactive protein level. Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience: Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems