Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

my skin on my face in the T-zone is both greasy and dry. i

my skin on my face in the T-zone is both greasy and dry. i have blocked pores but have so much tough dry skin over them i can peel shreads of it off everyday. it is becoming inflamed and tender. i am a 52 year old female.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sorry for the delay but your question just became available to me. Can I first ask if you've had a doctor evaluate this? And would it be possible for you to post a photo on this page?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Just use respond to expert to reply
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi Julie--just got your photos. How long has this been going on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

been going on 4-5 months now it feels like my skin is so tight and sore. somrtimes it feels really hot . its just getting worse and is starting cause me upset.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I understand Julie. Just one other question--have you seen a doctor about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no i havent as my GP is not the most sympathetic , and although itis major issue to me , i didnt feel comfortable to visit and had hoped i could get some advice as to see if i could sort it myself.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Julie. This looks like rosacea which is an adult kind of acne. The best treatment would be to have your doctor give you a prescription for oral doxycycline and a cleocin gel for topical application, but on your own you can try white vinegar and water soaks, over the counter calendula cream, and oral suppements of vitamin D, alpha lipoic acid, and a lactobacillus probiotic