Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I'm a 23 year old female, who is otherwise healthy. Over the

Customer Question

I'm a 23 year old female, who is otherwise healthy. Over the last week my partner noticed what he thought was a bite on the back of my thigh/knee. It didn't itch so I didn't think anything of it or even notice it. The 'lump' is now very eryhthematous, and feels to be a raised nodule of about 5mm diameter under the skin. I haven't noticed any bleeding or exudate or crusting, and as I said it's never itched. I live in England so pretty limited with insect bites. It doesn't hurt except for the pressure pain, ie full flexion at the knee joint is uncomfortable, and pressing on it is also uncomfortable.
I'm a bit Concerned what it might be, but don't want to waste a doctors appointment if it's likely nothing? Here is a link to a photo of the lump http://tinypic.com/r/2qrzne0/8
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
still need help?
This is an abscess
it needs antibiotics right away