Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

I have itches all over my body.but mainly in my scalp/ears

I have itches all over my body.but mainly in my scalp/ears and neck.I have got loads of very small spots/blisters around my neck and also have scabs on my scalp but mainly in my ears.I am 63 years old.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Have you seen a doctor about this? How long has this been going on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have been seen by a dermatologist approx. 1 year ogo who prescribed the AQUEOUScream.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK David. What was the dermatologist's diagnosis and did he take a skin biopsy?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I cant remember the diagnosis,he just told me to use the cream.I did not have a skin Biopsy.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK David. I have some ideas for you but before we go on, exactly what help did you want me to give you here?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was hoping you could come up with some idea of what you think this could be as it is annoying me all the time.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK David. My first thought would be psoriasis and that can be diagnosed with a biopsy and effectively treated with both topical and oral medications or with injectable biologic medications like Humira. This could be a fungal/yeast infection as in tinea capitis and tinea corporis and for now you could try over the counter fungal creams like clortimazole. But you need to see another dermatologist as a second opinion since I don't think the one you saw really tried to diagnose what the problem was. As for the itching itself, benadryl or Claritin would help with that