Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

I have itches all over my body.but mainly in my scalp/ears

I have itches all over my body.but mainly in my scalp/ears and neck.I have got loads of very small spots/blisters around my neck and also have scabs on my scalp but mainly in my ears.I am 63 years old.
Hi. Have you seen a doctor about this? How long has this been going on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have been seen by a dermatologist approx. 1 year ogo who prescribed the AQUEOUScream.

OK David. What was the dermatologist's diagnosis and did he take a skin biopsy?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cant remember the diagnosis,he just told me to use the cream.I did not have a skin Biopsy.

OK David. I have some ideas for you but before we go on, exactly what help did you want me to give you here?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was hoping you could come up with some idea of what you think this could be as it is annoying me all the time.

OK David. My first thought would be psoriasis and that can be diagnosed with a biopsy and effectively treated with both topical and oral medications or with injectable biologic medications like Humira. This could be a fungal/yeast infection as in tinea capitis and tinea corporis and for now you could try over the counter fungal creams like clortimazole. But you need to see another dermatologist as a second opinion since I don't think the one you saw really tried to diagnose what the problem was. As for the itching itself, benadryl or Claritin would help with that