Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Penis shaft scab problem

Customer Question

I'm 22 male, on my penis shaft there was a small little scab which I picked off. Since then i've noticed it turned into a small circle scab and feel should have healed by now? Its been there 2.5 weeks, I went to my doctor who thought it was folliculitis and gave me a weeks course of antibiotics. I have taken the course but to be honest am unconvinced with the diagnosis, as the problem is still there and scab hasn't fallen off. I did kind of pick as Im sick of it and don't like it there when masturbating. Can you please help me and assure me its not some type of cancer? I had all std' hiv testing done which were all normal. I have added a link below with images of it from it started to its appearance now. thanks

Link to the images:

xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.
This is not folliculitis.
What medicine did you use for this
What does it look like now...follow up picture?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

They gave me flucloxacillin antibiotic, it was just a small scab to start with as explained. Here's a pic of how it looks now link is below, what do u think it is? Pic :

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Taken with and without flash, thanks I look forward to your reply.

I think this is fungal.
Ringworm likely.
The antibiotic would not work
You need a strong anti fungal cream, which your doctor can prescribe.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
You are in the reply box, but no post from you