dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

, I am 20 years old and have been struggling with acne

Customer Question

Hi, I am 20 years old and have been struggling with acne since I was a teenager. I have very oily skin and I am a ballet dancer so sweat a lot. I eat healthily and have got to the point where I just don't know what to do to get rid of my spots! My skin will be fine for a few days (just the odd spot which I can deal with) and then awful for a few. My spots are mostly whiteheads on my cheeks. I rarely get them on my chin and forehead and there are blackheads on my nose. Could you recommend any products that I could try? I've been looking into skincare but just don't know which is best for my skin. Your help will be much appreciated!! Victoria
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

These answers are for informational purposes and do not replace a physician head-to-head visit. A patient-physician relationship is not established.

Customer:

Customer:

Is it possible to forward a photograph? If you would like for me to attempt an answer without a photograph, please let me know.

Customer:

JACUSTOMER-es4ik9qr- : Hi yes here are some photos. They have been a group of larger spots on one of my cheeks which you can see and they are all starting to clear up a little now.
JACUSTOMER-es4ik9qr- : I don't know how to send photos through this chat
Customer:

You can send photos by clicking on the paper clip icon and uploading. This does not work with Google Chrome or Safari. You can then either use a photosharing site such as Picasa or photobucket, or you a can send the pictures via an email to***@******.***

Customer:

Looking forward to helping yuo.