Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

I am a 24 year old woman. I have had a rash develop on my

Customer Question

I am a 24 year old woman. I have had a rash develop on my neck on the side. It started as a small patch and now is much larger moving up to the hairline. My eyelids are now also affected. They are very red and swollen and a bit itchy. And I have very important meetings coming up and can't be looking so awful and itchy.
Initially GP said it was exema and gave me E45 Cream. Didn't help and got worse. Another pharmacist gave me Piriton antihistamines and aloe vera gel. Again didn't help.
2 days ago another GP said it was a fungus and gave me Daktarin cream to rub on. Again hasn't helped and eyes are worse. Been taking antihistamines, aloe vera gel and Daktarin hoping one of them will work.
This has been going on for a month or so now and nothing seems to work. I am thinking maybe I need a course of steroids to get rid of this. Can you advise.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

can you upload a clear jpg photo of the area so I can see what the rash looks like?

here are instructions

type a word in the textbox and highlight it

then select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpg

this opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswer

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. We can continue after this if you'd like but this sounds like shingles and as such you need oral acyclovir to treat it