DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Rash on right forearm

Customer Question

In the past week I've noticed a slightly itchy rash on my right forearm. It seems to come and go and if I scratch it it seems to make it itch more. The rash consists of raised,slightly pinkish bumps. Can someone please let me know what this might be?

Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
I would be glad to look at a picture
Scabies can start this way.
However, it sounds more like an allergic rash from contact with something in your environment.
Finally, flea bites and other bites have to be in the differential.
We can not diagnose on line, and you should show this to your doctor.
Would be glad to see a picture.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your reply, here is a picture - although the rash seems to have gone now since I stopped using a particular shower gel.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Clearly this must have been a contact allergy.
I would say avoid that gel.
OK, so that is an initial answer….