dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

, I have around 15 what I believe to be sebaceous cysts on

Hi, I have around 15 what I believe to be sebaceous cysts on the left side of my scrotum, is this to be concerned about?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 2 years ago.
dermdoc19 :

These answers are for informational purposes and do not replace a physician head-to-head visit. A patient-physician relationship is not established.

dermdoc19 :

This sounds like you have scrotal cysts.

dermdoc19 :

These are harmless but can become inflamed and infected.

dermdoc19 :

You might try warm compresses. Use warm compresses twice day for ten minutes. Occasionally, this will work. The material in the cyst is actually keratin and not sebum. They can be removed rather easily by a dermatologist or urologist. I strongly advice you not pike this yourself since an infection in the area would be obviously quite harmful.

dermdoc19 :

"not to poke"

dermdoc19 :

Do you have questions>

Customer: Ok thank you, ***** ***** visit a dermatologist. Thanks again.
dermdoc19 :

Very welcome.

dermdoc19 :

By the way, in my office we take a few out at a time as the area can be quite tender...again for obvious reasons.