Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

I am a 67 year old male and I have a multitude of dark brown/redish

Customer Question

I am a 67 year old male and I have a multitude of dark brown/redish wart-like growths on my scrotum (the medical term that describes the condition appears to be angiokeratoma). They have been present for some years. Occasionally they bleed but normally, if I am careful, they are benign. If I wash my scrotum thoroughly and then apply hair conditioner, they appear to shrink a little, but are always present. I live in Ghana and so medical treatment is not ideal but I have learned from the internet that treatment can be by burning, freezing or laser treatment, however it is likely that they will come back. Is there a non-invasive treatment for this condition, ie a cream that will provide relief from occasional itching and will also improve cosmetic appearance?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Hi. Sorry for the delay but your question just became available to me. We can continue after this but tretinoin cream can be an effective treatment if you can't avail yourself of the treatments you listed above. Let me know if you have other questions