Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

I have lighter skin on my face and chest which is light gold

Customer Question

I have lighter skin on my face and chest which is light gold colour but, my arms and hands are dark gold colour. Will a alpha arbutin lightening cream lighten my arms and hands
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Sorry for the delay. And we can continue after this if you'd like.

While the alpha arbutin cream may help a much more effective treatment would be hydroquinone cream

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So can hydroquinone lighten all my gold coloured arm and hand to a lighter shade to the same colour as my face and chest which is a yellowish colour ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes--it's very effective for that and much more effective than the alpha arbutin cream
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience: Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where can i get this cream
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
It's over the counter in drug stores but there is a more concentrated prescription brand
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long would it take while using this cream from over the counter in drug stores to get a lighter shade?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
It will probably take at least a month with daily application
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How many times a day do i need to use this cream ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Once a day at bedtime
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will this cream work if i use it in the day to lighten the skin?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Once a day is fine whether you use it in the morning or in the evening
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you give me the name of a hydroquinone cream that is offered over the counter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

these creams in the link are for brown spots i need a cream to lighten my skin color on my arm and hands to even out my skin color, can you tell me a brand of this cream, is melatite forte hydroquinone cream and eukroma hydroquinone cream safe to use to lighten my skin color on my arm and hands to even out my skin color?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Even though it says brown spots that is hydroquinone cream and it will work for you but the two you mentioned would be just fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have ordered Rozge skin whitening skin bleaching creme with Hydroquinone 2%, it says on the miles kimball website i ordered it from to use it in the night and not in the day as It can cause blotches on my skin if i use it on the day because my skin will be exposed to sunlight, but on the box with the creme it says to use it twice a day, should I use it once in the night or should I use it twice a day?

Also it says on the box if i use it for 12 weeks my skin will lighten, but you did say if I use it for one month my skin would lighten How long should I use it for?

Also would my skin lighten if i used Hydroquinone 2% creme once a day for one month?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

You can use it twice a day and just apply a sunblock afterwards if you're going to be exposed to the sun.

Usually one month is all it takes but you can continue for up to three months.

But once a day for a month is fine to try, too

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

is using a cream with Hydroquinone 2% strong enough to make my skin lighter in a month or 3 months?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
It may only take a month but that means using it twice a day
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

is Hydroquinone 2% creme strong enough to make my skin lighter using it twice a day?

can Hydroquinone 2% creme case blotches on my skin if I use it in the day?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes that should be strong enough. It isn't likely to cause blotches during the day but you do need to shield yourself from the sun either with clothing or a sunscreen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

why do i need to shield my self from the sun when using Hydroquinone 2%creme in the day?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
The reaction to the cream and the sunlight can cause blotchiness
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

can nivea sun cream for babies still shield my skin from the sun, I could not find any other sun creams that were colour free, fragrance free and alcohol free for adults?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that will do fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

In summer 2013 I used aloe vera gel to remove en even skin tone and the darker parts on my body became lighter like from light gold colour to fair skin, is it possible that aloe vera gel can lighten skin?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No, aloe vera gel doesn't do that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what other things can lighten skin?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Not sure I understand the question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How can i lighten my skin?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what products can i use to lighten my skin?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
With the hydroquinone cream we've already discussed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
some parts of my lips are dark and some red, what product can i use on lips to lighten dark parts so those parts can become red?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
The hydroquinone would work for that too but you'd need to see a dermatologist to be instucted on how to use it on the lips
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how long would it rake to lighten the lips using 2% hydroquinone cream?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
A month or so
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

would taking vitamin c tablets that are 500mg help my skin lighten?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No, that wouldn't lighten your skin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

can eating healthy foods like soup and fruits and drinking plenty of water and exercising every day lighten my skin?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No, it isn't a matter of diet and we've basically exhausted this topic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

can exercising every day for 2 hrs lighten my skin?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No, that won't help either
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

does exfoliating my skin using body scrub or e45 wash cream while having a wash once every day lighten skin?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

We really have to stop after this please.

No that won't help