DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have a few patches of dry skin on my back. Not very large.

Customer Question

I have a few patches of dry skin on my back. Not very large. Recently a girl I have been sleeping with developed the same type of patch on her back. Is it possible that she 'got' this from me?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
If this is a fungal infection, it is possible that she got it from you.
You should have the rash swabbed for the lab. If it is fungal, it is easily treatable.
If this were herpes blisters, that can be spread skin to skin as well, but you are not describing blisters.
Glad to look at a picture if you like.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.