DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

HiI have had a ringworm infection on my inner elbow for

Customer Question

Hi I have had a ringworm infection on my inner elbow for a long time. I have not been able to get rid of it despite medication. It's not too much of a nuisance so I just ignore it. Lately, however I have developed dry skin down my forearms. I'm not sure whether this is related to the ringworm or not. It doesn't itch. Could this be exzema or something else? Thanks

I've attached images of my forearms: http://imgur.com/Ublf2YE,vmUgq2c#0

Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
This could be eczema.
It could be fungal.
You need to have the doctor send a sample to the lab, as the treatment is different for each, and ringworm should always respond to the correct medicine.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.