Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I had 6 or so boils on my leg and was diagnosed with MRSA on

Customer Question

I had 6 or so boils on my leg and was diagnosed with MRSA on my leg and in the nose. i have been on clindamycin for a week of the 2 week course ( 450mg 4 times a day) and the boils/lesions are dramatically improving. have never had fever etc ..also taking mupirocin for the nose.
am i allowed to kiss my girlfriend or hold her hand?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. No you shouldn't hold her neck and shouldn't kiss her as there is definitely a risk of transmitting the infection to her. You are still being treated and infection is still there. Till your lesions completely go away and cultures show up that you don't have MRSA, you should avoid contact with her. I am sorry about that but you have to be safe and should make her safe as well. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards