DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Is it possible to lighten my original skin colour to a fair

Customer Question

Is it possible to lighten my original skin colour to a fair colour, my original skin colour is light brown ?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
It is not possible to doe this completely consistency, without variations in skin color.
However, it can be lightened to a degree.
A dermatologist that specializes in this can make sure you are supervised, and use the necessary prescription creams.
It is completely NOT something you can do on your own.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what is the name of dermatologist that specialises in this
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
You will need a referral from your GP
You can call here for names.
http://www.bad.org.uk/
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What is the name of a dermatologist that specialises in this?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
I can not give you a specific referral.
But if you call the dermatology society...I gave you the link, they should be able to direct you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so is it possible to lighten my original skin colour that is light brown to fair colour?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
It is possible to lighten it quite a bit.
With the correct doctor.
I answered this above.
Please click a positive rating then come back if you have any new questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i didnt understand the first reply
so does that mean my original skin colour that is light brown can lighten quite a bit and not lighten to a fair colour?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
It can lighten to a much lighter color if done carefully.
How much varies from individual to individual, and predicting that is dependent on exam by the doctor.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so my original light brown skin colour which is my natural skin colour all over my body can be lighter?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Yes.
I have now given you that answer several times.
Please click a positive rating now...then come back if you have another question.