Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have a had a bit of extra skin growth on Base of penis.

Customer Question

I have a had a bit of extra skin growth on Base of penis. Not on the actual penis for quite some time. Also whitish brownish patches which sometimes get dry and look like powder coming of. Also got spots frm shaving please help
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for the query.
Can you send a picture?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi yes I can. How do u do this

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
You can either attach it with this thread or you can attach it to a photosite like
www.photobucket.com and paste the link here so that I can view it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Here are both links. Previously I was told the growth is moluscum contagiosum and it will disappear but it hasn't please explain

http://s288.photobucket.com/user/James12345ty/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150620_162302_zpsrokgfn7f.jpg.html

http://s288.photobucket.com/user/James12345ty/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150620_162336_zps0wym2cop.jpg.html

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thanks for the pictures.
The extra skin you mention does not seem to be a problem and is present in almost all individuals however, the other picture shows verrucous lesions or papillomatous lesions which are seen in viral warts. It does not look like moluscum contagiosum.
I would suggest that you see your dermatologist to have these taken out by shave and burn technique or cryotherapy. When these are taken out they can be sent for a biopsy for histopathological confirmation of their true nature, that will give the most accurate diagnosis.
Let me know if you have more queries about this.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
Best wishes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So the first picture is normal?

Those spots in the second appeared after shaving also what about where the skin goes browner than other skin?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Also what are the implications can it be cancer? I'm really worried I have a appointment with my gp tomorrow

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
The first picture does not show any peculiarities, no problem with the skin changing color.
The fact that the lesions appeared after an injury further zeroes in on warts.
No, this is not cancer.
Cancer of the genital area does not appear or present like this.
So, definitely not cancer.
Hope this helps.
Best wishes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The first picture of the white cauliflower looking extra skin has been there for quite some time. I was hoping it will go away. I haven't had sexual intercourse for well over 2 years. The 2nd pic with red spots some with white pimples alot of them appeared after shaving and became really itchy. Some of the skin also has brown patches

Can I get the white extra skin removed in first pic?

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Yes, the cauliflower like growth is what I have been referring to, it appeared as the second picture to me. But we will now refer to it as the first picture.
The second picture which shows red spots is nothing out of the ordinary, it happens after you shave sort of a friction rash.
Yes, you can get the lesion in the first picture removed, refer to my previous posts.
Best wishes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Isit something serious because its been there for ages?

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
It is not anything serious.
Can be a viral wart, papilloma, skin tags etc.
But need to be removed by dermatologist.
Please leave a positive rating for the service.
Best wishes.