DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Im 31 years of age and past 5 years have been

Customer Question

Hi im 31 years of age and for the past 5 years have been suffering from the following:
Fatigue/weakness
Joint pains
Sun sensitive rash
I get this altogether at one time and very rarely on seperate occasions..
Other signs/symptoms
Toes turning blue on exposure to cold
Pain around right kidney/loin
Low grade fevers
Andominal/digestive issues
Nobody as of yet has been able to diagnose me and its becoming increasingly frustrating. Sun sensitivity can bring on everything and i can feel quite unwell, i have had a prominent rash on my face, i have been tested for Lupus but only raised ANA came up, im still convinced theres a link to Lupus and i have a mild form of it as nothing else makes sense. Upon research myself and my own history it couldnt be more evident, the dermotoligist has given me Hydroxychloroquine 200mg and this has made some difference to the flare ups i get...i am at a loss with the diagnosis and im unsure how i can convince the rheumo that there is some form if link with Lupus...i have taken photos too of the rash..
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
I will be glad to look at your photos.
One does not have to have more than a positive ANA to diagnose lupus.
You have a lot of the symptoms.
IN fact, it can still be the clinical diagnosis but the dermatologist should not be managing this.
See a rheumatologist. This is within their sub specialty.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.