dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I think i had an reaction to hair dye because after 15 minutes

Customer Question

I think i had an reaction to hair dye because after 15 minutes of it being on my head I just couldn't breathe and was hot, shaking, dizzy and nearly being sick. But there was no rash or itching anywhere on my body, i managed to call an ambulance but they couldnt say what had happened. Was this a panic attack or an anaphalactic reaction because iv had no adverse reactions apart from feeling sick for about. Week afterwards.It was a blond dye I was using and I'm now scared to dye. My hair again in case it happens again. I need a TRUE test doing and was wondering how I go about getting this done.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Do you have any previous history of allergies or asthma or any other medical problems?
Are you on any medications for anything?
Please let me know.