Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have a row of small blisters along the side of my left

Customer Question

I have a row of small blisters along the side of my left foot. These blisters have been growing and multiplying each day. These blisters have bright red skin around them and yellow liquid inside them. I have not touched or attempted to treat them as I am rather worried. I am unable to see the doctor until Monday. I have added a photo for a better evaluation?

Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

this is not a fungal infection

they look like skin staph areus or strep skin bacterial infections

they could even be MRSA or methacillin resistant staph areus skin infections

you need to see your doctor right away and get a skin wound culture of the area and be started on oral and topical antibiotics

you don't want this skin bacterial infection to get out of control.

you can also go to the A&E department of the hospital to see a doctor sooner.

let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I saw my doctor straight away after receiving your response. She advises that it is a type of eczema that I have and has prescribed me with a steroid cream. The way you wrote your response was rather scarey and to the point but is not what I have. The doctor advises that these blisters have not reached the bacterial infection as of yet and can be treated with the cream provided.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
I'm glad you saw your GP and you don't have a bacterial infection yet.

I hope the steroid cream works

let me know if you have other questions