Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have an intensely itchy eczema type rash on my face surrounding

Customer Question

I have an intensely itchy eczema type rash on my face surrounding my nose (where my CPAP mask fits). Doctors have prescribed Fucidin H; Daktacort and lastly Eumovate ointment. None seems to clear the infection. I use E45 Anti-Itch cream to help control the itching. Can you suggest something else?
(The original infection was caused by using Fairy Liquid to clean my mask!)
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
Could you attach a picture of the rash on the face?
I had asked for a picture and have not heard back.

Your doctor has thus far tried something for both a bacterial and a fungal infection. If it is an infection, then the next consideration would be an oral medicine, although it would be different for a bacterial or a fungal infection.

For the itching, it certainly would be OK to try some oral diphenhydramine.