Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I had a pea sized hard lump on the underside of my penis

Customer Question

Hi, I had a pea sized hard lump on the underside of my penis on the foreskin. i tried to pop it but didn't work, and bathed it in hot water. Now, there is a white slimey kind of burn looking thing about 1cm in radius. It has been white and slimey for about 3 days and doesn't seem to be getting any better. can you advise me what to do?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
Could you attach a picture of this area?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It doesn't seem to let me attach it on my phone ?
Unfortunately, phones use a simplified web browser that does not contain all the functionality. It can be attached from a computer, or you can post it to a file sharing site and let me know the URL.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't have access to a computer right now can I send via email ? Cheers
The system is designed to block personal information, including e-mail addresses.To be able to exchange personal information, it would require accepting an additional service offer for an additional fee.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will send a message about 5. Am
A bit worried . Does skin on this area take a while to heal
That will be fine.

The time that it takes skin on the penis to heal will depend upon the size and depth of the problem that is healing, but it is common for it to take 7-10 days for skin on the penis to heal.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

In reviewing the picture, this is something for which you should see your doctor. It is worrisome for being an infection, either from herpes or a bacterial infection of the skin.

Until you can be seen, soaking in hot water and then cleaning it well and drying it completely would be appropriate.