DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I'm 31 I noticed a mole but can't get a good look at it beca

Customer Question

I'm 31 I noticed a mole but can't get a good look at it because it's just inside my belly button. The area around it is starting to get itchy. Should I be concerned? (Contacting you from Ireland)
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Yes you should
It is in an unusual location.
It is itching.
Both can be warning signs for melanoma.
Go have it examined under a scope by the doctor.
I would look at a picture if you could get it. Even so, this needs an exam with a dermatascope.
Get that done as soon as you can.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.