Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

HiI am really worried. I have this rash which has spread

Hi I am really worried. I have this rash which has spread and got worse over the last couple of months. My gp suspects linchen planus and has done a biopsy and am awaiting the results. The outcome is really worrying me and i would like some help and advice as to whether it is linchen planus, how to help and treat it and will it ever go away. As with things i have read on the internet it does not sound very promising of it disappearing. The rash is presently on my bra line, under and near my armpit, belly button, groin, lower back. I also have 3 ring patches in my mouth and one ring patch in my genital area. Dentist also suspects linchen planus but says its mild. The rash does itch on my body but not in my mouth or genital area.

Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi. First off lichen planus can often resolve itself over several months That said, cortisone cream, retin A cream, oral prednisone and immulogics like Humira can treat it. It may just be an inflammatory eczema but we'd have to wait for the biopsy results to determine that Please let me know if you need more information
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience: Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your reply. I am trying send you images but am struggling. When selecting the file there is the option of ok or cancel i select ok then it takes me back to the reply page with no image attached.

It looks like some images had added now.

What do you think now you can see the images?

I cannot get any of my lower back or the ones in my mouth and genital area. The lower back ared and similar to the other images. However the mouth and genital area are circular and white patches.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for those Stephanie. This could well be lichen planus but I still think it may be an inflammatory eczema. Let me know how the biopsy results go and please remember to rate my service to you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that. Could i just ask could an inflammatory eczema be present in the mouth and genitals aswell then?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes it could Stephanie. Keep in touch and please remember the service rating
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
My pleasure