Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

Lesion

im awaiting a biopsy on my nose as iv had a skin lesion since june.It started out of the blue i had a week of tingling and prickling over all my nose area and after a week i was left with a scar like concave area on the left side of my nostril.my doctor doesnt know what it is so a biopsy is planned in november which is the earliest nhs appoitment.my nose is now quite inflamed all over and the lesion is bigger but its the sensation and tingling wjich is getting me down.Is there anything i could use to stop this sensation and any ideas what it is.

Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi and sorry for the delay but your question just became available to me. This sounds like you may have a case of inflammatory eczema and I'd suggest a combination of cortisone cream topically and benedryl orallly to help with your symptoms Let me know if you need more information please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi ive seen a dermatologist who said its not exzema but could be basal cell carcinoma

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I understand and that may also be the case here but there's obviously some inflammtion too. I'd try what I suggested and you can also ask for a prescription for Lyrica which will help with the burning discomfort
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience: Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems