Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

My five year old daughter has had a little red dot at the end

Customer Question

My five year old daughter has had a little red dot at the end of her nose for about 18 months. My father in law who was a nurse said it was a pimple but there isnt any pus I think the dot has got slightly bigger and is slighly raised is it anything to be co cerned about?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi, It would help if you could post a photo on this page This doesn't sound like anything serious and it could be just a benign spot of eczema or a small cherry hemangioma which is just a benign swelling of small blood vessels I wouldn't be concerned but have her doctor take a look at it Let me know if you need any more information please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi here is a photo dont know if it is clear enough can try and take a closer one. Thank you!

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Got it--thanks. It looks like a cherry hemangioma and nothing serious. These usually fade in time but a dermatologist could easily freeze it with liquid nitrogen--that would get rid of it and not leave any scarring
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you dr chip I have another question about my own skin I have a dry raised patch of skin which has been there for at least 3 years about 6 months ago I mentioned it to my gp he didn't seem concerned but i would like your opinion please. Thanks again.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
It looks like eczema or a benign keratosis
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your help and reassurance.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
My pleasure