Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

I have red inflammed skin in the area inbetween my eyebrows,

Customer Question

I have red inflammed skin in the area inbetween my eyebrows, I have tried loads of different creams to try and cure it but nothing has worked?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi and sorry for the delay. Can you post a photo on this page?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

What creams have you tried?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried rozex cream, sebclair and clinique reducing redness cream

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. What you need is either clindamycin ointment topically or a two week course of oral doxycycline to clear this up. You'll need to see a doctor for these since they're prescription medications
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok thank you i was also told that daktacort cream and Ketoconazole shampoo would help by another doctor is this correct?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No, those won't help because this isn't a fungal problem--it's bacterial and needs antibiotic treatment Joe
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Also is there no way i could get a prescription from you which would save me having to go to the doctor

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Joe but we don't do that here and for a licensed physician to do that for a patient he had never seen in his office would be unethical, tantamount to malpractice and would put his license in jeopardy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok thank you

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
My pleasure but please remember to rate my service to you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok thats fine, aslo would you recommend using both of the treatments you mentioned or just either one or the other?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
The most effective would be the doxycycline
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok thank you, ***** ***** been very helpful, I will rate your service now. Just one more problem is that I paid for another dermatologists help on this website just to make sure and he gave me a completely different solution (the one i mentioned). I believe your correct with the treatment I need, but I feel i should get a refund from this other doctor as I have already gone and bought the products he has recommended as well.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I understand and thanks very much if you do rate me here

If you didn't actually rate the other doctor's answer then you haven't been debited for his service and there'd be no need to ask for a refund
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok sure, can i just ask you what my condition/problem is called?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Rosacea
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Oh yeah I thought that was it, that's why I tried using the Rolex cream which didn't work, do you have any idea why it didn't work or was that not tbe correct cream?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Not the right antibiotic cream--that has metronidazole and not clindamycin
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok thank you

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

My pleasure