Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

What would cause lumps to appear outside and inside vagina

Customer Question

What would cause lumps to appear outside and inside vagina (clusters on wall). I am having a difficult time - I have been to GP/gyno/gum and they all said that the lumps have probably always been there. I am adamant they haven't and they keep getting worse
and worse. They are not rugae as they are distinct indivdual lumps rather than folds. I am sure they are warts - any other ideas?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

they could be molloscum contagiosum water warts if they look like little water filled warts.

molloscum contagiosum is caused by a virus and is very easily spread through skin contract and sexual contact.

this is not a dangerous virus and does not stay with you for your whole life.

usually they last for 6-12 months and usually go away on their own

your immune system can clear them out from your system

ask your doctor if they are molloscum contagiosum.

let me know if you have questions.