Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

I'm a 34 year old man. I'm a little embarrassed to as

Customer Question

Hello, I'm a 34 year old man. I'm a little embarrassed to ask about this but I will try to explain the best I can or even send pictures if it can help.
Lately I have noticed some white circle like patches on my penis. It's a bit on my forehead but also when I pull the skin back I can see them. They don't itch, irritate or smell or anything like that. To try and explain what it looks like... It looks like I had a blister at some point and it's gone now, but it left a really faint whiteish circle like shape where they were.
I have tried to google for some other things... But they all seem serious and have a lot of side effects like itching etc... Of which I have none.
Can you maybe help me? Maybe it's an age thing or a normal thing or maybe I could get rid of them with a simple cream?
I would really appreciate your help or suggestions?!
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi-sorry for the delay. The photos would help greatly if you could post them on this page
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your answer, I would be ok to send / post some pictures but I'm not sure on how to do it on here? I will try to continue looking on the site to see how to post a picture, if you know or could advice that would be of great help.
Best regards
Dan
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
You can use the paper clip icon on this page or you can post them on Snapfish, Imageshack or Photobucket and give the the link
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you, ***** ***** was using an phone and didn't see the paper clip.

Please see attached.

Dan

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Dan--extremely helpful.
This is a fungal infection--nothing serious and not any STD if that's what you were worried about.
The treatment would be Lamisil cream three times a day for a week but if that didn't clear it up you'd need prescription ketoconazole cream or an oral Diflucan table to get rid of it

Let me know if you need more information please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the quick reply!
I wasn't worried about STD but I was concerned as to what else it could be. As I'm not in the UK at the moment I would ask for a cream against what?
Also, do I need to watch out, can it be transferred elsewhere or someone else?
I'll already try that in that case and come back if it doesn't clear up.
Thank you ever so much!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
The diagnosis is tinea and Lamisil is over the counter.
Not contagious.
Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience: Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you ever so much!

I left you a tip too :)

Can I ask one more thing though? How or better why do I have this? I have had no odd sexual encounters or anything of that sort?

Could it be from public toilets or do I need to change the brand of condomes ?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Thank you and my pleasure.
This just happens from time to time, even in men with no sexual activity.
It has nothing to do with condoms
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you! :)

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Any time