Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

Am i able to send you some photos of the skin condition

Hi am i able to send you some photos of the skin condition?
Sure--go ahead an post them on this page
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Got them. How long have you had them and has a doctor looked at them?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Its actually my dad - he is 76 and the GP looked at them but said he could refer him. THey itch and some have white scabs on them and some the black as shown. When I googled it it did look similar to some skin cancers. My dad is willing to go private if you think they could be of concern

OK. They both look like basal cell carcinomas--one type of skin cancer. One of them might just be a seborrheic keratosis and not cancer but they both definitely need to be seen by a dermatologist for evaluation and biopsy

Let me know if you need more information please
Do you need more information?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Are those also from the same patient?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes from my dad - There a few different looking skin conditions on there and i saw them yesterday. These last 2 are the different ones from the original 2 I sent you.

OK. The top one could also be basal cell
The other one looks like a benign keratosis
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Could you explain a little about the basil cell carcimonous and what the treatment could be etc and how serious it gets

Usually it's simply taken care of by a full excision of the lesion. It rarely spreads or metastasizes like melanoma