Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Experience:  MD
23744323

Eczema is gradually spreading I am not treating it with any

Customer Question

Eczema is gradually spreading I am not treating it with any thing. I think a hair bobble that is worn alot on my wrist is the cause. What is the best treatment for this to go?. Is this eczema or some other thing?.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.This is likely lichen simplex chronicus from the exposure to the substance.Dark pigmented skin is due to the chronic eczema reactions.This should be treated with a strong steroid ointment.Triamcinolone acetonide 0.1% ointment should be applied twice daily for 2-3 weeks or till the lesion subsides.Needs prescription from your doctor.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/