dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have recently started using Skinceuticals 0.3 Retinol. Currently

Customer Question

I have recently started using Skinceuticals 0.3 Retinol. Currently using every 3rd night with no irritation, soon moving to every other night. I live in Cornwall UK. Question is, I am a stay at home mum who surfs and lives by the beach. Should I stop using in the summer? Am in the sea/on beach for hours at a time and whilst I do use high factor sunscreen I don't think any is that realisable with the amount of time I spend in water. Usually end up v brown (never burn as quite olive skin tone). Thanks.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 1 year ago.
As long as you apply this at night you should be fine. The reason Retinols and Retinoids are applied at night has more to do with the fact that the sun breaks down the active ingredients ( Retinoids) than possible sunburns. I would recommend Aveeno Ultra Calming Cream if you are using the Skinceutical product to deter aging. It contains Feverfew which is a strong anti-oxidant. Their Positively Radiant is also an excellent sunscreen as is Solbar 45. I would be happy to answer further questions.