DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I need some help asap as this is getting me so down and

Customer Question

Hi I need some help asap as this is getting me so down and depressed I'm suffering with a lot of puss filled spots at the moment and everything I use on my face is makeing it no better. I just want to no what will be the best thing to use no matter what the price to get a clear completion and to help stop keep getting these spots I have been abit stressed out lately but always suffered with a few spots but now I'm comeing out with a lot around my jawline on my cheeks and they are scaring please help . I've used cetaphil face was for a long time but think my skin has become immune to it also tyres nutrogina , la rossa posay panoxcil and a few others
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloFirst of all, you need an exam and a diagnosis, in person from a dermatologist.It appears you have not done this.There are much better medications if your diagnosis is cystic acne.Retinoids for example, just as one example. There is nothing over the counter that is as important as a soap cleansing once a day, or that will work as wel as a prescription.I would be glad to look at a picture here. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are both sides the wait for a dermatologyst at the moment is 6 months I can't wait that long could my doctor give me it on prescription but until then what could I use that would be OK for my skin with nothing in it that would irritate it
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Your regular doctor can prescribe the exact same medication that I recommended.There is no trick to it.You do not have to wait for a dermatologist.There is nothing over the counter that will be effective.An Ivory soap scrub once a day can help.Or, Castille baby soap.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did u see the pics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Castille baby soap ? Is there another name for that not heard of it
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
no there is no other name.I saw the picks.You need prescription medication.Here is the soaphttp://www.amazon.com/Dr-Bronners-Organic-Castile-Liquid/dp/B000HK1OOY