Dr. C.
Dr. C., M.D.
Experience:  30 years medical experience
54412793

I am a 52 years old white female and a small red patch

Hi, I am a 52 years old white female and a small red patch of skin has appeared on my face below my left eye, it is about 5mm and long and tear shaped, it is not sore and has been there for about 10 days without change. the texture of the skin is normal, but I do have very dry skin. Is this something I should worry about, could it be cancerous ? it looks like a pressure point as if I have been wearing glasses but I do not ! thank you
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to add the skin is no different from the surrounding skin , not raised , just a bit red . I don't mind it as long as it is not skin cancer ! Please can you advise . I do get exscema some times but I have never had it on my face . Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I right in thinking that even if was a skin cancer it would not be a life threatening one ? !
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I posted this question about 30 hours ago, when am i likely to have a response please, or if no response please can I have my money back . thank you
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified physician. I can help you today. I've looked at the image you posted and can say that it would be best to have this looked at in person by a dermatologist. It's not likely to be a cancer but any new skin change that doesn't look obviously like something else is best to be seen in person. This doesn't look like eczema which is usually not so well defined & small. Eczema usually causes larger itchy scaly patches. Most likely this is just a weakening in the blood vessels under the skin. That's a very common skin change. On the face, it can be increased by sun damage causing weakness in the blood vessels under the skin. You're right in thinking that even if it was a skin cancer (not likely), that it would not be life threatening and require just local excision. I hope this was reassuring and helpful. Please reply if I can clarify anything or add details.
Dr. C., M.D.
Experience: 30 years medical experience