DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have a red lump on my penis shaft where i squeezed a fordyce

Customer Question

I have a red lump on my penis shaft where i squeezed a fordyce spot, it is now a circular raised lump and kind of red, Really worrying myself sick here!! Been here just under a week and the swelling has gone down to were its just a circle!
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
do you have a pic?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloThe answer is fairly clear.You irritated a fordyce spot and developed a localized infection which is resolving.That is most likely, although I will be glad to look at a picture.You should, regardless, see your doctor as we do not diagnose on line.But it sounds like a resolving infection.If not, most likely the doctor would prescribe mupiricin, which covers staph bacteria well.Bot***** *****ne, don't pick at these spots, they are normal. I am a double board certified US doctor.Over 20 years of clinical experience.Find me by request in medical any time. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please click a positive rating [top of this answer page] if you appreciate my expertise.Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HiI have not heard back from you.Here is an extensive compilation of common skin infections from the Cleveland clinic.http://www.clevelandclinicmeded.com/medicalpubs/diseasemanagement/dermatology/common-skin-infections/I don't think you have any of these at this point, but rather a resolving inflammation.Attach a picture here for Dr. Thomas.Please rate Dr. Thomas positive.Find me in medical by request any time.Talk to your doctor about this situation and show him/her the spot.Good luck.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
See the rating scale at the top of my answer page.