Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have got red heat bumps on my legs and on my backside also

Customer Question

i have got red heat bumps on my legs and on my backside also i have a rash on my chest and back ,i am suffering a lot of itching and chills, my doctor thinks it is a hair follicle infection and has given me strong antibiotics which have not made any difference
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a few weeks ago [8] i stayed in a hotel in france [which was lovely and clean] but the next morning i had a heat bump on the back of my leg. i do not know if this is anything to do with my present condition.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.This could be an infection as your doctor suspects but the best way to treat such an infection is to send a swab or discharge for culture and sensitivity to the lab to identify which bacteria have contaminated the wound and what antibiotics they are sensitive to, the lab ascertains both these things and once identified, culture specific antibiotics can be started which target those bacteria specifically. Other than that I would suggest that you get your blood sugar levels checked since diabetes can cause formation of furuncles and carbuncles, hair follicle infection. Other diagnosis can be viral infections and allergies which should be looked in to as well. You should give the present antibiotics at least 4 to 5 days before they start to take effect. If the lesions have pus in them, then getting them lanced at the ER or the doctor's office will be more appropriate since antibiotics do not help with lesions with pus in them or in other words abscesses.Hope this helps.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Let me know if there are any concerns related to this.Best.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you have further questions.