dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have had red, sore, patchy eyelids and sockets two

Customer Question

I have had red, sore, patchy eyelids and sockets for over two years now. I am so desperate to rid myself of this but nothing I have tried including overhauling my diet, a multitude of creams on prescription and over the counter, amongst many many other remedies have helped. I am at a complete loss as to what to do next. This may seem like a small thing to most but it is destroying my confidence and my life. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Marie
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
you have to see a conventional eye doctor and get an evaluation and biopsy of your eyelids.
you could have a sjorgen's syndrome which is an autoimmune process where your body makes antibodies which can attack your eyelids and cause dry eye and dry mouth and dry nose
there are blood tests for this.
are you willing to see a conventional doctor and get testing to look for autoimmune processes?