Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I am from Cambridge

Customer Question

Hello, my name is Liam *******, I am from Cambridge England, 22 and have been currently living in Wuhan China for 4 months.
Just before I left the UK I noticed some skin coloured bumps around the tip of my penis and on the skin just underneath. It's not PPP. I went to a hospital here in November who took a penile biopsy of the large spot on the tip to check for HPV and it came back negative. I underwent laser treatment to remove the abnormal spots and was prescribed some oral antibiotics and some cream to apply to the area. This worked for a period of time of about a month or so, but recently the spots returned again around the end of December. I recently had another set of laser treatment and antibiotics but the doctors at the hospital cannot identify what the problem is. I also have the added problem of the language barrier between English and Chinese.
The spots are skin coloured, not itchy or painful and there is no discharge. They range in size but not by much and usually appear close to were the others are. After i stopped the first set of antibiotics it took about a month or so before the spots reappeared. Initially the doctor tested for HPV and genital herpes but came back negative. They believe it is a viral skin infection but because they cannot get a firm diagnose I need help from someone who can help communicate the problem clearly. Also they believe I should be on the antibiotics for half a year to be sure but I question this due to their unclear diagnosis.
Also as a secondary question, as my wounds are underneath my foreskin what is the best way to ensure my skin heals correctly? I am confused because it is under my foreskin.
Any help you can provide on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Liam
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
do you have any pics?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
viral infections can cause molloscum contagiosum or water warts on your penis or glands penis which can cause cystic or water filled cysts on the penis skin.
another possibility are fordyce spots which are very common on the penis and penile head.
this often comes from blocked skin pores on the penis and can cause flesh colored skin lesions on the penis.
here are instructions to how to upload a clear jpg photo to the website
type a word in the textbox and highlight it
then select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpg
this opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswer
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert