Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

My hands and feet started to itch very suddenly, just before

Customer Question

My hands and feet started to itch very suddenly, just before another attack of cellulitis in my left leg. Cellulitis is a recurring problem, but this is the first time I have experienced any itching. I have a reserve supply of Flucloxacillin and started a 5 day course for that, but the itching continues.
Also much earlier had a lot more pain in lower back which has now eased.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a picture?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cellulitis in my left leg had started again, and I was treating it with the appropriate antibiotics which I keep in reserve. I had never experienced the itching on previous occasions, so did not think it was connected
Further research on my part suggested that Liver or Kidney problems could be associated with the intense itching on palms and under instep.
Aspirin seems to have helped and it has now abated.
it could be an allergy as well.are you on any new meds?