Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have developed a rash that is slowly covering my entire body,

I have developed a rash that is slowly covering my entire body, it began on the inside of my left arm, then thighs, covering all my arms and legs and now lower abdomen and now face. Parts of it looks like bad sunburn and is intensely itchy, affecting my sleep and anti histamines are having no effect what so ever. The rash consists of red papules, some have scabbed over probably due to me scratching. I did have a very sore throat which developed into a cough, which I still have though that is much better I am feeling under the weather though as even clothing is irritating my skin as it moves.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Since you had recent sore throat, this is likely viral infection related rash.Viral exanthemata is the term.The rash will improve with steroid treatment.You can try prescription strength triamcinolone acetonide 0.1% ointment 2 times daily for 2 weeks.That should clear up the rash.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/